Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kj3880

Yep, I had to go through suboxone treatment to get off pain pills too. It was easy to find a good doc, and I liked the treatment. Easy. I urge you to go to at least one NA meeting today and see what it's all about. It helped me immensely. I got the name of my doctor there, and I got the support I needed to face hard stuff about not using, like dealing with feelings and work without drugs. And the folks at NA have done all the stuff you've done and usually more.

Don't feel ashamed about your addiction. You aren't a bad person trying to be good, you are a sick person trying to get well! You didn't plan it, but now you can be the one to recover from your active addiction. Your chances are excellent if you really want to do this.

When you go to the NA meeting, share about how you are afraid to tell your husband and need help with it. Members who have experienced just this situation will pull you up after and talk with you about it.

Wait until you hear some of our stories in NA and on here!!! You won't feel so bad, because we've all done what you have, and most of us, much worse stuff. Don't let that make you think you aren't an addict, just focus on the similarities, not the differences!

At seven months clean from the pain pills, I'm doing so much better, and so can you!
KJ