View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sunflower1776

Originally Posted by lavenderrain View Post
I have no way of getting enough money for detox, so I'm going to have to do it at home, albeit with suboxone and hopefully my doctor will prescribe valium and clonidine.

Lavender---BREATH!!!!! RELAX!!!!! You have chosen to use suboxone to help with your addiction correct? BV and myself, as well as a few others, have told you several times before about the use of suboxone. You will experience withdrawals for a VERY SHORT period of time--it seems you go into WD very quickly, so the faster you are in WD the sooner you will start the subs. You may start feeling crappy within 10 hours of your last use, and if so, that is when you pop your first sub and you keep taking them every 2-3 hours (however your doctor prescribed them), until you reach a level where you don't feel the WD--I PROMISE you that within 24 hours of starting subs, you will NOT feel any more withdrawals--not the horrible ones you are talking about. You may feel tired, irritable, etc., but you will not be sick to your stomach, vomiting, etc. You may get some diarrhea within a few days, but there's nothing wrong with that--think of it as the poison you've been putting into your body for so long leaving it! You are stressing yourself out way too much and it is NOT healthy. You need to relax, commit yourself to doing this and then do it. You CAN overcome a few days of not feeling so hot--you will get to start a NEW LIFE on the other end of it. You will not feel like you have in the past with your WD--Subs are there to prevent WD and help with cravings. Has anyone ever explained to you how subs work? The drugs you are taking now bind to the opiate receptors in your brain. Subs do the same thing--that is why you need to be in some sort of withdrawal--there has to be some opening on the opiate receptors so the subs can jump on and attach. That is why they relieve wd symptoms--you are basically replacing the opiates you are taking with teh subs--NO you do not get a high from them like you do true opiates, but you do get an "it's alright" feeling. Please please I beg you to relax, take deep breaths, use your doc for the last time (if you haven't already stopped) and kiss that **** goodbye! I'm pulling for you--you CAN do this! I'm sorry to sound harsh, but you have been stuck in the position for at least a week or two now, and it is time for you to make a change! I love ya girl!