View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
OhBrother

My sister has been back in her 2nd round of rehab for about 2 weeks now. Outpatient
at a clinic that treats both the physical addiction and offers counselling. She did well the first time around there for a few months before relapsing. (oxy and percs were her problem).
Now she' 2 weeks in, and I'm keeping a much closer eye. The problem is, like Cassandra, I haven't seen much improvement and I'm also worrying over questions like "is she faking it?"
She goes about twice a week and has a urine test everytime. They have been tweaking her methadone levels to find a stable level that works. She's also about a month pregnant this time around.
If anything she seems worse to me now on some days... more lethargic, moody, sounding dopy sometimes when I call. But maybe its the methadone, maybe its the hormones, stress etc. Or maybe its because I'm paying so much attention I'm only noticing these things for the first time.
I hate wondering the worst. Is she taking percs on top of the meth? Can she fake urine tests? Is she not taking the methadone at all?
I called her doctor and told her I had a million questions, so she'll see me when I go with my sister to her next appointment on Monday.