Thread: I can't do this
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LadyTennII

just a tiny hijack.. EX D, i am so proud of you, you have come such a long way, been thru so much and you keep on trying!! I have followed you almost from the beginning and just not posted, but just had to let you know how proud I am of you, and admire your fortitude!!!! Gonna try to find your thread to post on, didnt wanna hijack Lavs thread

Lav, I think rehab is a great option, they often give comfort meds, and if you go to the ER, and tell them all, and say you need rehab, there will have to be some place you can go!! thats how I did my first detox, and it wasnt terrible or scary like I envisioned it. Really cool people going thru the same thing I was. It was very comforting and helpful. Try the ER route, they will NOT call the cops, TRUST me on that one, they wont. They want to help, and will explore all avenues and call all over looking for a bed for you!!!! At least give it a shot, better than cold turkey, and all the horrific pain. Im not saying you feel GREAT in detox, but they make you mUCH more comfy than just cold turkey, clonodine, valium, sleep meds, neurontin for cramps,etc immoduim, sometimes phengren if you get really sick. teh valium taper DOES work. It helped me soo so much. Anyway, its a thougt, and a good shot at really getting help and a HUGE step for you. Just get into mild withdrawals and check in. Your blood pressure will be up, etc. Please give it a try. I was there 3 days, and if you check in voluntarily, yeah, you can go when you want even if its against medical avice,but at least you will have gone thru lots of your d3etox with help and comfort meds. i DID IT, and it was GREAT and helped SO SO Much, please at least try. I am rooting for you, and hoping you find a way out of this, please give it a shot!! PM me wiht ANY questions as I have done it, been there and done it thru the ER route. Please do pm me with questions, we can figure this out together. Love, Becky