Thread: jail epiphany
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

******{Krhea}}}}
I just wanted to give you a hug for your courage. But you know what why punish yourself. As an addict he made these choices and you suffer enough for them. He put himself there. There isnt nothing you cant say in a phone conversation or in a letter. At least right now. Maybe when he starts facing his consequences and really starts to seek help for himself , then maybe you could go with a better view of things. Because at this moment he isnt really paying the consequences, you are. He just thinks this is just something in his way. I was in jail too once. ANd the damage it did to my mom and my kids was ten fold for what it was for me. I never wanted my mom there. The phone conversations were enough for me to understand the enormous pain she was in. She didnt need to see me there. Only when I took a positive attitude that I wanted to get better was it easier for my mom to talk to me. I never once let her come see me there. I will never put her in that position. It was one thing to put myself there but another to make her and my kids go thru that. Stay home and just talk thru phone or letters. Do not pay his mistakes also.