Thread: latest update
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Thank you all!

My neurologist, and his staff, are definitely on my gratitude list today. After talking with my workman's comp case manager, and explaining the seroquel was for insomnia, she said that if my dr. sent her a letter, saying it is indicated for work-related-injury stuff, "of course" she will approve it.

Called the dr's office and spoke with his nurse. She thought I'd been on the seroquel before the robbery, so I explained about how workman's comp didn't deal with the real problem, so I went to my own dr. She called me back, read me teh dr's response, and he said, no less than 3 times, that the seroquel is indicated for insomnia which is a direct result of the work-related injury. She then called me back, and told me she was leaving samples at the front desk.

I tried to call workman's comp back, but couldn't get hold of her. It's just nice to finally have a dr. that is workman's comp approved, standing up for me! I told the nurse, I'd felt like I was banging my head against a wall, all this time, which isn't a good thing when you've already been whacked in the head!

Got plenty of sleep last night, made sure I ate today, and did stores for dad. He said something very hurtful and inappropriate to my niece this morning and she told my stepmom she won't forgive him. When she comes back home from her friend's house, I will talk to her about forgiveness and how it helps us. Dad feels really bad about what he said, but he's apologized to her, and I told him the best thing he can do is not let it happen again.

Wow, this recovery stuff works in ALL areas of my life, huh?

It was absolutely gorgeous here, today...sunny and in the 60's. If I were to write a gratitude list, it would be a mile long and all of you would be at the top!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy