View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ShellySprinkle

Talking My First Day of Sobriety!

Today is my 24th birthday, and the gift that I gave to myself was sobriety. I am addicted to opiates, i.e. Lortabs. I have been addicted for a little less than a year, and I always thought I could stop whenever I wanted. But, every time I tried to stop, I would start feeling sick and crave the pills even more. I've been looking into treatment for the last few months, and finally found a clinic that would treat me with Suboxone. They wanted an ungodly amount of money for the program, which I was unable to come up with. But this wonderful nurse that worked there arranged for my insurance to be filed first, so that I could start treatment. I made my appointment yesterday, and was finally able to get in this morning. I felt so sick from the withdrawals when I arrived at the clinic that I thought I was going to crawl out of my skin! I paced around the waiting room the whole time before I was called in.

I started the meds today, and I feel amazing. I feel so hopeful and I just wanted to share that with everyone. So, if you're struggling with opiate addiction, consider treatment. It really makes a world of difference!