Thread: Ex out
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
winnie12

So many times i find that the reasons i want to confront is because i want answers, acknowledgement, and i want them to act in the manner i think they should. i know that i will never get these things to the extent that it will take away the pain. it seems to be another way that i try to control - i want answers and i want acknowledgement that he knows he has done wrong - i ask myself why. i know that what my AS has done to me is wrong so why do i feel the need to have him say it. is it that after all this time i still need verification that my feelings are justified. Do I in some way want vindication and hope that he "feels bad" for what he has done. In the end i always realize that it doesnt help and it doesnt matter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that another person's answers or acknowledgement of wrongdoings really wont make you feel better - most times trying to get it serves to have the opposite effect. When/If they are ready to acknowledge their wrongdoings it will mean much more then when we try to force it out of them. If he is not making contact then he obviously isnt ready to face up to this.

One parent full of love is better than two disfunctional.