Thread: latest update
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
winnie12

Impurrfect - have you dont any research online for prescription assistance programs? i know there are many pharmacutical companies that do have assistance - i guess its their way of justifying their high prices by offering some help to those who cant afford it. I dont know what county you live in but Cobb has prescription assistance plans for their residents.

I see it as good news that its post traumatic vs. a physical problem causing the migranes - the physical migranes would probably never go away so lets pray that by the time insurance runs out these headaches will be subsiding. I have migranes and when first prescribed medications I couldnt afford them but I found many ways to stop the migranes before they started - it just came with understanding my body and noticing the signs of when one was coming on. they are easier to stop before they get bad. i learned to stop them with over the counter meds before they got bad and just saved the prescription meds for when i couldnt stop them. After 20 years of having them I dont even use prescriptions anymore - I know when they are coming on and I know how to stop them but it did take me many years to figure it all out. Understanding our own bodies and how we relate to food, medications and outside stimuli is very important to our overall health.

I agree with Chino - I love the study of the human brain - its a bit of an obsession to me - I watch documentaries on this all the time and have learned more about my sons addiction through this study then any other research - I need things to make sense and this research explains so much more than anything else i've seen. I hope that in time insurance companies start taking this research more seriously and start covering mental health as it does other illnesses. Addictive natures and behavior issues do have physical basis in the brain. The good news is that we can retrain the brain and I think that will be the future of recovery.

I know this is getting long - sorry but its a topic i love. Sleep is another interesting area that we are learning more about. Whatever happens to us during the day is hardwired into our long-term memory while we sleep. If you go to bed mulling over all the bad things that happened during the day that is what you will dream about - hence nightmares and things that startle you awake during sleep. When you go to bed you will sleep better if you can clear your head and put some positive thoughts in your mind. We can control what is hard-wired during the night by keeping more positive thoughts in our mind then negative - through reading, writing, relaxation techniques, music. The old theory of dont go to bed mad takes on whole new meaning when you think about this.