Thread: latest update
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

latest update

Here's the latest on my robbery-health-work stuff.

I have been going to the workman's comp doctors, who just kept telling me to see the neurologist. The anti-d my dr. put me on, finally kicked in and I got my brain back Concentration is back to normal.

Saw the neurologist today. He says I have "post traumatic migraines". I told him I was an RA, and he said "no pain pills" and I said "good...don't want them" and he just grinned. I was VERY impressed with him and he was very thorough.

He put me on Topamax and Treximet (for breakthrough headaches). The topamax will initially cause "brain fog", so there goes my brain again. I had just gotten my appetite back from the anti-d, but looks like it is going to go on vacation with my brain, so that's okay. I'd lost 20 pounds, and wanted to lose another 10-15, so I'm not complaining.

My dr. had given me samples of seroquel, as I have had major insomnia. The neurologist told me to increase the dose and gave me a prescription. Workman's comp is questioning this. Even with insurance, it would cost me $120/month and I don't have it. I will talk to my case manager tomorrow, as trying to function with no sleep just won't work.

Work is still lousy. I will lose my insurance the first of the year, as they are increasing the hours I need to work to qualify, and I'm nowhere near. I'm fed up with the job, but won't leave until I have another one, if at all possible, so keep applying for others.

Doing a lot of work with dad on the side, which means working 6 days a week. I called in to work Mon. and Tue. to help him drive to Omaha, Nebraska and we just got back this morning. I had 2 hours of sleep in 53 hours, so slept all day.

I'm still broke, but HP has managed to make sure I have just enough money to pay my bills when they are due...funny how that works, huh? School is going well, and I'm excited to be getting mentally challenged. I am also now able to help my niece, Brit, more with HER home-schooling and I think that's neat.

After being in the van with dad, all those hours, and having many conversations, I almost had a codie relapse. It's hard to take care of myself and not worry about him, but I know I can't fix his issues. I'm going to keep trying to lead by example.

My recovery is stronger than ever, as I know without it, I have nothing. I'm getting really, really good at the "left foot, right foot, and repeat" thing, and so far, it's working. I'm very grateful that, whenever I am stressed, my first reaction is "get on SR" You all have never let me down!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy