Thread: Finding humor
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Finding humor

I've been going about my life as if AH isn't in it, which is pretty much the case since he spends all his time in the garage or bedroom. I'm doing all the cooking (which has been AH's responsibility for the past 21 years), caring for the kids......I figure it's good preparation for when he is physically gone, and having him here is at the moment financially beneficial for me.

Anyhow....tonight AH was gone and I decided to stick the taco shells under the broiler for a second to warm them. Got distracted and turned around to smoke billowing from the oven, opened the door and flames shot out. I closed the door, got the kids and dog out while calling 911. The firetruck arrived with sirens blaring, the nice fireman went in and emerged from the house with the smoldering shells on a blackened cookie sheet. He said, "Now how did this happen?" My 4 year old replies loudly (with all the neighbors standing around) "My mom REALLY doesn't know how to cook....only daddy can do that". So now I can laugh, even with the smell of charred tortilla in the air! We've got a lot to learn, and I figure cooking isn't a bad skill to have.