View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lb622

Thank you. My alcoholic boyfriend left for a year - to be on his own to get sober. In May promised to be totally committed and to get sober back home (also had prostate cancer). We got married in June. I was not even letting myself see that his year away took him from middle to late stage. Spent the summer getting the cancer cured (and said he couldn't focus on the other issue until the treatment was over - anytime I brought it up he called me mean as after all he was a cancer patient). Sometimes it was hard to tell if his problems were from the radiation or alcohol..sometimes, not so hard it was clearly the drinking. Went to detox twice. Treatment for cancer was over. Time for something drastic...and indeed it was, he left.

How can I be so needy? How do people fill time? How does one feel "fulfilled" from the inside?

I've been to a few alanon meetings. Last year I started yoga and things and was close to over him. In fact, in March and April with phone calls I had said no to "temp" dates, if you will and so the May contact said exactly what I wanted.

What do I want now?

Love that codie police sign - need it on a shirt (or tattoo).

Thanks for listening.