View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
windysan
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
Henry is not an addict, to the best of my knowledge, he never was. He's probably been the most 'anti-drug' punk-rock icon in history. He's like the Ted Nugent of punk, afa being anti-drugs goes. He's not nearly as much of a dick as TN, though ...

But clearly ... he knows what drugs do to people, and the person that served as inspiration for this song could well have been an addict, that's for sure ...
Henry dabbled with booze and dope at a young age. He just doesn't care for drunks and dopers. Henry's a good guy. He's preachy but show me an entertainer who ain't. I happen to really like Ted Nugent too. I saw him back around 78 or 79 or so and that dude is a complete maniac on stage and he can rip a guitar. I don't mind Ted's politics as I agree with a lot of it. I met Henry a couple of times back when he was with Black Flag and then again with the Henry Rollins band. The boy's got opinions for sure. As far as anti-drug punk rock icons I'd say no. That would be Minor Threat's Ian MacKaye.