Thread: I am Amazed
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by cassandra2 View Post
Exabf has been in rehab for the last week now. I am amazed by that.

I am amazed that he went when he said he was going to go. However what really amazes me is that up until last night he had gone no contact. I was amazed by that. But everything he has turned into over the last year amazes me. He attempted to call last night but I didnt answer. I just didnt want to argue with him. I felt guilty about it for awhile but it boiled down to not wanting to fight with him. Not wanting to hear the bs.

I am thinking that maybe he is still showing addict behavior because he hasnt even tried to contact the kids. Especially everything that he has put them through.

I guess its still to early to tell. I wish him health and sobriety and hope that all of you here will pray for him...

Thanks
Toby Rice Drews has some excellent books on the subjects of addiction and codependency, and she makes a statement, IIRC, that it takes at least 6 months for the fog in the addicts brain to lift, so I'm not sure how much you can reasonably expect from anyone after a week in rehab. You sound pretty good though!