View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
frstnm
Im not crazy and neither am I

Last time I knew boston harbor was still pretty bad but I havent sailed in it in years.... We had to scrub the hull for days after we sailed in it for the tall ships.
We still get "red tide" all over new england, but that is an infliction that bi-valves get because of too much bacteria in the water in warmer months (raw sewage I believe).

I wouldnt swim in Revere because Im not allowed in town. No big hair, I dont drive a pontiac or talk like that. Must have been a big change moving out west from there. I lived in El Paso when I was young and still remember (somehow) the midwest.

I went to the wake for a woman in the program who I havent seen for 3 or 4 months and she promised to be back soon. We told her she was missed and there was a seat waiting for her. Her son (who goes to the same university that I did, but it was a college then) is on the same path as I was when I was there. Really messed up but really good grades.

I am trying to stay humble because someone @ NA before I got to the meeting said I had recommended the meeting to him. It does really make me feel good to help another addict or alkie. Seems as though I have been doing alot of that lately. I guess this is what they mean by giving back what has been given so freely to me.

One of my friends went back out and just barely missed being arrested w 40 kilos.
OH MY GOD !!! He is losing his junk. All I can do for him is talk as I am in no position to help in any other way. So scarey. Could have been me in the past or could be me if I pick up again.

Its really cold and windy here and winter isnt even here yet.

Hi Nands

Still missing "my posts" link, thanks button and where have all the smileys gone ???
Alkies HATE change...from what Im told.....;-p

Will they ever be back ???

They just changed part of the drunk driving laws and the punishment part. I dont have to do any more aftercare/drunk school after I finish the first 26 weeks and I will be done in a little less than 3 months. Then I can officially get a liscense. I still have my appeal to look forward to as well. There is always hope.