Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wifeofpinocchio

The Lies that don't stop. Do they begin to believe their own lies?

Just looking for insight regarding my husband that I just left recently. He has been abusing cocaine (but tries to hide it) and I also suspect that he may have gotten into other things because this past year, the lies have become much worse. He lies about things that aren't even related to anything involving drugs. I can't tell you the last time I have even known him to tell the truth. Everything is a lie. He even lies to the kids. OUr house is foreclosing but before I moved out, he took our 14 yr old to see a house that he was going to "buy". (?????). He lies and says that our 14 yr old is saying she is living with me because I allow her to do what she wants (????) She went to the movies with a girlfriend last Friday (which is normal) and she sat home Saturday night alone (????). There are so many lies that I can barely stand to deal with him and unfortunately while I moved out (and am SO THANKFUL), I have to keep dealing with him with the children. (His newest lie is I abuse my kids). My 8 yr old got a time out this past weekend, which I led her by her hand into her bedroom since she wouldn't walk herself there. (????). He smashed and broke a window in our house days after I left, but he is now asking my 8 yr old if my family accidently broke the window when we moved (?????)

Any insight is appreciated. Do they know they are lying?
I feel better since I moved, but the lies are pulling me into that insanity.

Thanks everyone!