Thread: Manners in A.A.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

ego got the best of me...happens from time to time Ron.

I was at my meeting last Friday, early as usual. There's always a meeting going on at this club and this kid comes out early all bent out of shape. I've seen this young man, in and out for over a year, he's really struggling and he was in tears.

Another AA'er came out after him and the three of us began talking. The kid was shaking. Apparently one of the senior members took offense at his alcoholic/addict introduction and began belittling him during his comments. Now I knew the gentleman they were talking about, he's a good guy, old school, helps the way he knows how, some can relate to his recovery.

What this has to do with the topic I don't know. But I do know that my disease would just love for me to think I don't have it. Give me a little window of doubt, like that kid last Friday, ready to just say screw this AA crap.

You know I may very well be a middle of the road person. I don't think so, but it's dangerous for me to think too much, always gets me in trouble. I do know this for a fact.....If I am a middle of the road drinker and I don't need AA to stay sober, that's just great for me. But, if I don't stay in my meetings and stay sober, at whose peril.

There's a community of people out here that don't need me out on the roads drinking and driving because I think that only having a couple DUI's doesn't make me an alcoholic.

Jim, I apologize for my sarcastic comment and right now it's time to get to my Monday meeting.

Please forgive me
and as alaways

Peace