Thread: Manners in A.A.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

This guy looks a lot like a drunk. And sometimes acts like one too. He'll end up in some of the same places like treatment centers. He might go to jail once or twice. He might have physical problems and even up in detox. He'll get DUI's. He'll certainly end up in AA meetings. But give him a good reason and he'll stop drinking or moderate. He can take or leave it because he doesn't have an obsession of the mind coupled with an allergy of the body. And he doesn't need the same solution that the real alcoholic does. For him it's not a life and eath matter. For him the problem is drinking alcohol, stop drinking problem solved. He is the type that you see in AA that loves the social aspect of the fellowship

Awesome, thanks Jim. That sounds like me alot. I must just be one of those heavy drinker people. Way cool!! All I needed was a reason to moderate and I'm OK. Man thanks!

I hope you and your loved ones aren't in my path when I'm weaving down the road at a .25 or higher.

One question, when you see a newcomer being talked to by a MOTR person, do you interupt or do you figure, oh well just that guys poor luck, he should have been so lucky to let me reach him first.