View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alaia

Berrisweet...like some of the others have said...run. It's just not worth it. I was in a relationship (off and on) with a heroin addict for the last year. A lot of people gave me similar advice..but to make a long story short...I didn't take it. I was in denial for most of our relationship. I thought maybe it would be different for him and for us. It wasn't. He ended up stealing from me (more than once) and his parents, ect. He got fired from 2 really good jobs, one because he tested positive and another because he was stealing. The lies are endless and the sad part is I don't know who he is because I don't know what was real and what was a lie. I really loved him a lot and I thought I could help him. Everytime he screwed up or I kicked him out he would keep calling me and I would keep taking him back. One time I did really good and stopped contact with him, only to see him a week later and let him come back to live with me. His family has disowned him. They just want to move on. They realize he needs to help himself. No one can help him. Just like with your bf...he is the only one who can help himself. I found out last week while my ex was in detox that he was making plans to go get high after he was realeased and he was just staying there for the max. time to impress me and make it look like he was doing the right thing. I found all this out because one of my co-workers friends was at the detox as well. That did it for me. I couldn't believe all this time he was pretending to seek out help...just so he could stay with me. I am glad it happened cause it woke me up and now I refuse to talk to him, changed my phone # and am living life for me. You know what...it's almost like a giant weight has been lifted and I am grateful that there is no more drama.

No one can tell you what to do, but please keep coming back here. Keep reading (it helped me so much!) and maybe try to hit up an Alanon or naranon meeting. Please take care of yourself.:codiepolice