View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by Berrisweet03 View Post
I'm new here on the boards...I chose to sign up because I don't know where else to turn to. My friends and family all think negatively and I do not agree with any of their advice.

My boyfriend is a heroin addict. I have been dating him on and off since January. He was doing good for so long but ended up slipping and doing really bad. And he dragged me into it. I would have to take him to get his drugs, I would have to pay for them. He would say and do anything to me to get me to give in. He would lie about anything just so I would give him money to get the drugs. It hurt bad. He has even been abusive to me, and I think cheated on me as well.

We broke up for good about 3 months ago and I thought I'd never hear from him again. I missed him a lot. He recently called me and we got together. He told me he is sorry for everything and he loves me and he needs me in his life. Needless to say, he asked me for money and then went out and got heroin. It hurt so bad.

I dont know what to do. I love him a lot and I want to take care of him and help him. He's cried to me soo many times that he doesn't want to live this way and he needs me in his life to help him stay clean and get better, yet the pattern keeps continuing. I don't know how much more of this I can take but all I know is I don't want to lose him.

I really could use some encouraging advice right now, please.

WELCOME!!!

I would echo what you've already read, and encourage you to flee for your life, and his. He won't get better if you keep digging him out of that hole. Good news, if you start working on yourself you'll feel better. Keep coming back, a lot of support here.