View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Am going to mom's to clean her house in a while. I'm dreading it cause the smell of cat pee hits you as soon as you come in. She insists the litter boxes are 'clean enough' despite her cats peeing all over the house and often right outside the box as a clear hint to her... which she just doesn't get.

Asked her yesterday if her cats were getting used to being fed only twice a day to keep her fat cat from eating more than she should have. She said, "no, I leave the bowls out but only a little bit of cat food". I asked her why she was leaving the dishes out all day when the vet told her not to do that.

Any time I point out (kindly and gently) the error of her ways she cries and begs me to "stop yelling" at her. I don't yell. I will also have to spray the flea killer on all her carpets cause she's been "too tired" to do it. So I'll be there for several hours breathing in cat pee and walking around on flea infested carpets.

I also highly doubt she's been able, by herself, to give fat cat her antibiotic and butt medicine as the damn cat got away from me when I gave her her first dose and mom is not as strong as I am.

Well I'll do my best but will have to come home and shower off the smell of cat pee...