Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brftrobin
Trying to Understand

Update

Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last post, and things have been wonderful!

Last time I posted, my boyfriend was flying in from Alberta, I had some very mixed feelings about his coming home. I really wanted to see him and spend time with him, but his behavior before was so hurtful, that I didn't think I could bare to go thru it again. I told him I just couldn't do it anymore, if he was going to come home, spend a week with me and have a wonderful time and then go back to Alberta and disappear for two weeks, then I didn't want to see him. I love him and would like nothing more, but the hurt and pain was killing me and I had to think of myself. He told me that he was going to show me, that I could count on him, I told him I was just sick of all the words, that I wanted actions, the words don't mean anything without action. Well, I don't know exactly what happened, but..........we spent a week together and it was wonderful, we did a lot of talking and he/we did a lot of purging. Very painful, but also very helpful. He went to a couple of meetings, did some research into a new job here in the States, very promising.

Since he has been back in Alberta, he has done exactly what he said he was going to do, no BS ~ no disappearing. I haven't cried once! Our phone conversations are wonderful, and there are lots of laughs and I find myself smiling again and it feels wonderful.

I know all of this could change in a moment, but I can see him making a genuine effort and it gives me hope. Everything he said he was going to do, he has done.

He flys back on Monday for another week home, and I can't wait to see him! Keep your fingers crossed and us in your prayers, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone!