Thread: detox
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bval

Welcome to the boards, Jessy!

How long you been on the stuff, altogether in your life? How much are you coming off of?

And just for clarification, prices for bupe (aka subs) doctors vary dramatically from place to place, you really have to call around for the best prices.

When I started with my doc, back in 2004, I paid $150 for the first visit, and then $85 each time thereafter. And this guy was a major pro, having co-owned and operated a drug treatment center for ten years. And he was in San Ramon, CA, which is far from a 'low rent zone'.

Anyways, for the first couple months, I had to come in every 3 weeks, as he was giving me 3x8mg pills a day in my script, and he didn't like to RX more than 60 pills at a time. But after the first couple months, once I got my dosage down to 2x8mg/day, I was able to come in once a month.

And there was never any 'drug testing' or any of that nonsense involved with my doctor. He did only take cash, or PPO's though for insurance, no HMO's.

The pills are about $7-8 a piece, and it typically doesn't take that long to wean down to one pill a day, no matter how big your habit was to start with. Takes couple months, tops, if you 'apply yourself'.

I think it's probably worth it, in your search, to find a doctor in a nice part of town, I think they treat people better, myself. And when you go in, present yourself as a 'serious person', show up on time, stick to your bupe schedule like you're supposed to, dress decently, that sort of thing. Little things like this will make it so they'll trust you more, and give you more bupe in each script, so you won't have to come in as often and spend as much of your money.

But, as I say, these prices and the doctors policies vary DRASTICALLY from place to place.