Thread: detox
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
madriley

Hey jessy, my drug of choice was Oxycontin which I believe has a lot of the same ingredients as heroin but not exactly the same. I did do heroin when I couldn't get my drug but never really took to it. So from my personal experience of trying to get off of the Oxy's on my own about 6 times at least over the last 10 years, I never made it. The physical pain with the mental anguish was just too much for me to bear.

However, I was able to get off of Oxy's by getting on a Suboxone program. I don't if this is something you are aware of or not but I don't think I would even be off of them now if I hadn't gotten into that program 2 years ago. Treatment centers offer the Suboxone program usually you pay like $25.00 a day and you go each morning and get dosed then go on with your day like normal. If you have insurance you may be able to find a licensed doc in your area who will accept your insurance at least for part of the fee. If you go to a doc who doesn't take insurance it's like $465.00 for the first visit and then $125.00 each week after that plus the script is like $90.00 a week. Expensive, but as expensive as the drug habit? Totally worth it!!!

I hope this might be an option for you. How long have you been on heroin for? Do you snort or shoot it? If you do not have the choice of getting on subs or maybe Methadone (I don't recommend Methadone, that is what I am coming off of now) then you should definetely get checked out maybe daily or every other day by your doc. I know if you go to the emergency room for drug withdrawals they either have to keep you or they can transfer you to a detox center.

You are in the place, heading in the right direction. Just don't turn off of the road yet. Getting clean is the hardest thing we will ever do in our lives but think about the rest of your life and how much better it will be clean. It is so worth it, isn't it?
Good luck and God bless!! :praying