Thread: Newby
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ubfunky

Newby

HI guys I am new to this site. I drink too much and want to stop! I have anger issues, and problems dealing with life in general. I guess I use alcohol to "numb" me but it doesnt work. I have a 2 year old son and do not want to be like this forever. I dont want to ruin him because his mother is an alcoholic.
yesterday I tried to check myself into a mental hospital and they turned me away. I feel thats the only way to be free of this is to be forced to stay away from alcohol. I have been drinking every day for months now....and its getting worse. I recently moved out of my ex's house and began to drink more and more. I could go a day or so before, but now its a habit Ive taken up. We have been trying to work it out, but all I want to do is go home so I can drink. I just admitted to him yesterday that I have a problem. The first time I have to anyone. And I guess thats the first step to recovery right? I feel so embaressed by this, so I guessed just putting it out there for anyone would be a good thing to start with. I just want support and am afraid to get it from the ones I know personally.