View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
madriley

Questions???

I ould like to start off first by saying congratulations on not having any previous problems. Unfortunately, it does seem like you have become dependent on Hycodan. Even though you are taking a low dose, you have been taking it for a year so your body has "rearranged" itself to include a daily dose of this narcotic.
Did your doctor discuss options with you before stopping your prescription? Did she wean you off or just stop it at once?
I do not know if you will feel any withdrawals from this as everyone is different, I've heard people who have been on heroin or coke for years say that when they finally decided to stop they just stopped and had no problems at all. Of course they could be bs'ing but who knows? Because you were on a low dose it's possible you might not feel anything. I do not have any personal experience with Hycodan so I am not sure.
Withdrawals can include anything from depression, anxiety, aches, headaches, sleeplessness, nausea, cold sweats, shaking, vomiting, etc.
If you do have any withdrawal symptoms I would not think they would be on the extreme side of withdrawal.
If you are not comfortable with what you are feeling you should call your doctor and let her know that you need to do this a different way. She could also give you something to make you more comfortable during the transition if you do get depressed or have anxiety or get some leg cramps, stuff like that.
I hoped this helped at lease a little bit!!
Good luck and we're all here for you whenever you need us!