View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Have had to do this with abf when he's turned up here, often in a cab and with a carton of beer. Police have driven him and carton home a few times, also taken him to the watch-house to cool down and sober up.
The damned phone started ringing within 5 minutes if he went home, mobile first as my number on speed dial, then home phone if he remembered my number.
Text messages were very nasty. I kept them and later transferred them to my computer and when he'd sobered up, I emailed them to him.

Yes I was angry at him, upset at what he was doing to himself and felt sick at having to have him carted away. I was also scared he'd come back again so double locked doors and windows, turned mobile on to meeting mode, and sat or lay in the dark for the rest of the night.

Sucks doesn't it?

Last time was 40 days ago, and I avoided him til he called here sober and sick with withdrawals, swearing he was determined to stop and stay sober for good. Told him I was happy he had decided that for himself this time, but if he started drinking again I was finished with it forever.
He's been sober since, but went overseas yesterday for 10 days and I have the usual doubts about him not drinking with "mates" who do.
Just been keeping busy, gone on to SR, and telling God that abf is in his care and not mine now.

In your mind you know you did what you really had to do, it's only your loving and kind heart that is questioning.

God bless you