View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Groping around in the dark

So I find myself calling the police. She showed up in the early afternoon, banging on the front door for about 20 minutes. Working midnights now, I had put my head down around 8 am hoping to get up early enough to get some things done.

I didn't answer, the door or her dozen or so calls, text messages, and emails. She showed up again tonight, same routine, ringing the doorbell, pounding the door, crying, pleading. Walked downstairs, told her through the side windows she should go hang with her 'friends'-little anger there-and told her to leave or I would call the police, which I did after about 5 minutes. Codependent me, I was at least a little concerned that she would get sick from standing out in the cold wearing a blanket to keep warm. They came, asked her politely to leave, which she did.

Had the phone off most of the day, turned it back on again to call the police, now I have to turn it off because it's buzzing again, the text messages are piling up.

Feeling kinda sick, but I know I'm doing the right thing, and I shouldn't have to worry about her showing up drunk on my stoop at 1 am down the road. God help us all.