View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
genrs123

Originally Posted by veryrestless722 View Post

no matter what i do they are both mad at me, i cant make etiher one of them happy, both have turned the situation around on me and now im the bad guy, im never good enough for anyone, now im gonna end up in that delievery room by myself,
Well, you cant make someone happy that isnt happy with themselves to begin with. as ive heard, you cant "make" someone do anything, so dont worry you didnt "make" them feel anything, and you shouldnt feel bad for doing what you need to do.

And since alcoholics maybe depressed (as to why they drink etc) or emotionally unstable (due to all that mind altering), you cant make him happy anyway, likely. it really is never enough which is fine because likely he isnt enough for you, either.

YOU are an important person and you have every right to deserve and get what you want. If that is a husband who can see his baby in the hospital WHEN he is not seeing someone else when his PREGNANT WIFE is hurt, than so be it. I dont think many others would feel differently, EVEN IF that offer was revoked after your needs were not met.

Lastly, just because you can meet these peoples needs and bring more hapiness into their life does not mean this is always the case. This is the case for THIS situation, maybe. But certainly, you are capable of helping to make other people happy and other people to let you feel happy too. similarly youre good enough for a lot of people out there!!!!!!!!!!! trust me. you have a good heart and you are not a bad person. your view is too black and white and based off this situation. i recommend a book called Feeling Good, by david burns. it goes over a lot of irrational thoughts people with depression have, and even though youre not depressed it can help alter your mood or mindset.

good luck