View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sslusser
Trying to find a path

I agree with Denny, it's best to not contact her lawyer.
Of course in the light of the morning you are right. Funny how a little sleep can help to clear your head.

It just keeps getting better. She called this morning and asked if I had deposited money for her. I said no. I had just dropped off our son at school. But when the bank opens I'll go down there and take care of it as I don't have a debit card or checks yet.

I told her that i was no longer interested in reconciling and i think that really threw her for a loop. Her tantrum was one of despair. Like a child who realized that they had pushed too far. She started to scream like seriously at the top of her voice and I swear I heard her retch. She mumbled something incoherent then hung up. I called back and she mumbled again then hung up. I called back a third time (Step right up and see the human blockhead! He will try to break through a brick wall using only his head!) and left her a message asking her to let me know she was ok. I guess I won't be hearing from her anymore today.

The funny thing is that I don't care.

But wait. She did just call me and calmly told me she was ok. I said thank you for that. We talked for a bit more about money and she started to get mad. She gets mad because she thinks I am trying to screw her over.

The thing that gets me most is the deal with our son. She was so mad about Wednesday night when she couldn't get her way. Which she said this morning on the phone that she should be able to talk to him alone. I told her that if she wanted to be a mother to him it wouldn't matter who was around. That there shouldn't be secretive talk to an 11 year old. I told her that he doesn't want to see her because she is acting crazy and out of control and that I will not make him spend time with her if he doesn't want to. She just doesn't get it. In her mind I am keeping him from her. She actually said that the reason he was getting trouble in school is because I won't let her see him.

She almost got it right.

The good thing is that any hope for reconciling this is gone. I know that seems callous. But that is what has been weighing me down. I have realized that my life has been calmer and better since I moved out. I feel like I finally get the "Detaching with love" concept. I don't wish her any ills in fact I hope that she gets help and is able to find peace someday. But I know my direction.

Geesh! What a morning!