View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I think one of the things I can think of to help that I could do would be to give him more time.
That is exactly what it took with my wife.... TIME!!!!! I have learned that time takes time and I can not speed it up.

I stayed sober, I worked my program, I made my amends to her and the kids by being the best husband and father I was/am capable of being.

I found that promises and apologies meant very little, actions spoke loudly and firmly. I had to be patient and just accept the fact that I could not expect her to just forgive, forget, and trust me after all of the broken promises over the years.

If you slap some one a hundred times in a row every time you see them, it will take a lot of time of you not slapping them at all for them to begin to trust that you will not slap them again.

Actions I learned really do speak louder then words, and consistant actions speak even louder. I had to let my wife have time to forgive and trust me again, no promises and no cowering, simply staying sober and being the best person I could be.