View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Hi Ami. When we are getting over the loss of a loved one (breakup or whatever) we are going to have good days and bad days. Just know that the pain you feel today will be less tomorrow and even less the day after until one day you'll feel so much better that you'll wonder why you ever wasted time worrying and crying over him. You'll just be so glad he's gone.

There are many things you can do when you are recovering from a break up. Force yourself to do them and you will feel better about yourself. "Act as if..." is always sound advice. Do you have any peps groups in your area? Or groups for single moms? Or a community center where you can sign up for free baby and me classes? (so fun :-)).

Also I would STOP TALKING TO HIM ON THE PHONE. Don't answer if he calls. Let him leave a message. Then enforce the 24 hour rule which is to promise yourself that you will wait a minimum of 24 hours BEFORE you return his phone call.

I just feel like I deserve some good treatment from him
Don't hold your breath honey. Read the "what addicts do" stickey at the top of the main forum page. It's not about you. It's about him. He's living in a world of entitlement and blame. And guess what! You are the problem. Not him. Please don't let him unload his trash on you anymore. Stand up for yourself. You and your little girl do not have to be his human dumpster! It's up to you. Stand up for your little girl so she never has to feel what you are feeling right now.

(((hugs)))

It worked for me. Sure it was hard at first but it was definitely worth it.

Good luck sweetie. Keep posting here.