Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by brundle View Post
Or as we get farther in our recovery do we have a lower BS bar for all alcoholics in our life?

Back to my question; since working on me I find more and more that I just don't like putting up with unacceptable behavior even from the people I use to let it slide more often. Is this part of recovery? Or am I just being over sensitive? I don't think wanting some distance from this is a bad thing, like not talking to her as much, but I wanted to hear from some of you. Or is this me just not wanting to deal with things? I hate confrontation!

Thanks...
This is true for me as well, and I don't think you're being overly sensative. I think more AWARE is what I am these days.

Heck, until I was in Alanon for about a year, I had buried the acoholic step dad I was subjected to from age 12 to 16 or so. My god....that was abosolutely crazy chaos. Made my usually together mom crazier than a sh!thouse rat. Must have had SOME impact on me! Duh.

Any way for me the realization of just how many A's I grew up around is sometimes starteling. My Grandpa...who by the way I loved most as a kid was probably an A. I always thought my Gma was a little neurotic, but as I trudge this path, the more I learn etc., I'm pretty sure it was the Acoholic/codie dance going on between them. I'll never know...anybody I could ask is already dead.

Gramps used to take me w/him to the beer joint all day on Saturdays and I'd hang with him and all the old farts. I'd go out back and sit on the fence around the hog pen, on the way to the "outhouse", and old drunks would warn me not to fall into the pen "'cause the hogs'll eat you". And they probably would have. Them 500lbs+;me 40lbs 5yo. :wtf2

Hogs :1
Coyote :0

Ha! Ah.....good times!

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug2
Coyote