Thread: Is It Just Me?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brundle

Is It Just Me?

Or as we get farther in our recovery do we have a lower BS bar for all alcoholics in our life? My AH is usually my biggest problem or the one I want to get away from. But I also have an AM. Usually we get along because I don't live with her.

I don't have huge issues with her she didn't start until I was just about out of the house. I have bigger problems with my dad who is very controlling, abusive, ect... But lately I've been avoiding my mother. She tends to believe she's the families moral center and while I'm a Christian I believe I can pray without her telling me how I'm doing it wrong. (My way of saying she is nit picky with me)

I don't know if she's acting out with me because my MS has been in a flare so my symptoms are worse (this usually goes away in a few months) and she's having a hard time with me being sick or what. Anyway, sorry that I ramble, I needed to vent.

Back to my question; since working on me I find more and more that I just don't like putting up with unacceptable behavior even from the people I use to let it slide more often. Is this part of recovery? Or am I just being over sensitive? I don't think wanting some distance from this is a bad thing, like not talking to her as much, but I wanted to hear from some of you. Or is this me just not wanting to deal with things? I hate confrontation!

Thanks...