Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Talking

Ahaaa the secular forum with so many wonderful people here...Hello everybody.

I'm in a grateful mood tonight. I glad to be around people that respect my views as I try very hard to do the same for those here. Yea I know I can be a bit of a bother when old trauma pops up (triggering me to despise higher power concepts) and I act out on it. I know the struggle to change for the better is no easy task. But I'm working extremely hard at it.

I am so very grateful to have an opportunity to attend secular group meetings. The ongoing effort at Behavioral Health (the clinic) with their duel diagnosis program and groups has been a life saver for me. In addition to that there is place I go to that offers symptom management, also secular. My housing provider offers those groups at their rehabilitation center thats only a couple blocks away from where I live. Then there is D.R.A., its the only 12 step program that I know of which validates antagonistic or atheist members beliefs with the choice of using a personalized secular program of recovery. Why heck D.R.A. encourages all members to personalize their recovery program and that includes the 12 steps of D.R.A. Its really beautiful. And since I have stopped going to A.A. my intrusive memories from childhood trauma have lessened greatly. Wow, I was trying to conform to a program that fundamentally goes against my world view. No wonder I wasn't getting any better emotionally. Anywhoo its no cake walk down the recovery road but having the right direction with support makes the walk far less arduous.

Keep working it peeps, like Windy sez: it twerks if you twerk it.