Old 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bluejupiter

Reading back on this is quite eye opening. It was 4.5 months ago when i started this thread. Since then I've had a miscarriage (in July) and it couldn't have been much worse. 2 D&Cs, 2 trips to the ER all within 5 days. And this man was by my side the entire time. I don't think I would have made it through without him, the pain and the drugs and the misery was way too much. To make a long story short, the whole ordeal seemed to renew our realtionship and we did move in together in September. Within a month it was over...
Here is where we are now, posted in Loved Ones In Prison.

Hi, new here. Need big help.
Tomorrow I go visit my ex in jail for the 1st time. Hes been in plenty before we met, but was sober and awesome when we met and has since gone down down down hill. He is diagnosed bipolar and not on meds which evidently fuels his addiction. He went manic in early September, and all the bad stuff started - cheating, lying, drugs and alcohol, more lying. I left him and he really went off and got in a drunk driving accident, 4 days in hospital, injured 2 of his passengers. He doesnt have a license - past DUIs and other traffic prblems have seen to that. Hes currently facing 4 driving under restraints and suprisingly only 1 DUI. So he was arrested on 10/21. We do love each other but I tend to run when things get bad - can you blame me? Then he gets hurt or arrested and i run back to save/protect him only to find him.... impossible to deal with.

I go to visit him tomorrow. I received a letter from him today where he said I have hurt him deeply and he doubts he can trust me. OK, fine. I feel the same about him! He says he intends on treatment as he'll use and abuse if he were to be freed now. He denies being bipolar - thats probably the biggest problem. Hes delusional. I assume hes been straight now for almost 2 weeks, but hes still angry and aggressive and thinks I"m the enemy and that i use his honesty against him.

I have no idea what to say to him. I do love him and miss TERRIBLY the guy I met. Hes a different person now. We've been through a lot together. i dont know what to do.

Any help is very appreciated.