View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
expenguin

Today get in a walk and think about what you need to do for you at the moment to make your recovery more meaningful...... What little things have you not done in your program that will make things better for you each day...... Have you touched the life of someone else in the program by giving a Hug to the new comer?

Have you talked about what is going on deep down inside you that still bothers you?

Have you given up that deep dark secret that got you started on the wrong path and landed you in recovery?

What about the steps.....are you working them honestly?

There is so much to think about and yet.... your walk can be relaxing in so many ways as you watch other things that go on around you during this time.........

During the day when I walk....I take note of the kids playing if walking past a park or some school......... I also watch how parents treat their kids and it is very interesting to see how some people have no patience when the little kids test the parents to the very end of their ropes............

Most of the time we too are at the end of our ropes when we get into recvoery and don't always know what to do....... But this is why we are in meetings looking for that little word of advise that will spark our life and move us to do something for ourself.....

I have found ways to do better for myself many times and today I will reach out and touch someone............lend a hand in a way I have not in months...........

Little Penguin