View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
justforme

hello...

i've never posted in here before but just wanted to tell you that i'm going through the same exact thing right now, and i also have 10 days sober today.

i am so EXHAUSTED... to the bone tired. i am getting pretty good amounts of sleep but am just finding myself drained. this wasn't making sense to me, because i have been getting more sleep since i have not been out partying and drinking.

i finally asked my sponsor about it today and she said it is totally normal. working on yourself, dealing with memories/motives, writing, talking, dealing with feelings, etc is mentally exhausting. she said she has been told that mental exhaustion takes a bigger toll on your body than physical exercise.

just wanted you to know that you're not alone. i don't have much advice i guess, other than just to hang in there. i've been going to a meeting every day after work and that is what is keeping me sober today. my sponsor also told me that the first month is seriously hell - but that it does get better. take care and congrats on 10 days. i know how big that is.