Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newengland

Question I need some advise on my daughters addiction

Lets see where do I start.My daughter has a 3 year old son that she has lost custody of due to here drug addiction in Rhode Island. She was given a chance with him by dcs because he came up possitive when he was born. She was supposed to be straight and take drug tests regular and she would come up possitive. She and the babies father were not working and living in a hotel my ex husband was paying for. He paid over 15 thousand dollars for her to stay in a place so she would not loss him. She then did loss him do to the drug tests and my stepmother stepped in and fostered him for a year and she never straightened out.
my ex has now adopted him and she does not even call him.
O.k. now here is the real problem. She got pregnant again and she did straighten out for the time of the pregnancy and she had a wonderful baby girl in June. In jully she started calling me to take her daughter cause she could not handle her. Now I have had her daughter for the last few months because she started using drugs again and admitted it to me. Her babies father and her were smoking crack in the same room as her daughter. This was a shock to me because I thought she had straightened out for her daughter. She also admitted that she was selling the formula to suport her habit. This the father also said. On top of this she is bi polar, and manic depressic.
I have custody now of her daughter and she has been told yesterday she must sumit to a 90 day hair drug test. She must prove that she is on her meds and if thay happens then she can get her daughter back. This scares me what if she does not stay straight. We live in 2 differant states her R.I. and me ct. If she gets her back i m not sure whats gonna happen. She also would leave her daughter alone in a 5 apartment building while she parted on the porch. My daughter has siezures on crack and hurts herself. Are there anyway to make this right. She now denies everything. Someone lean me in the righty direction I feel like this is ripping my insides apart. thanks