View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I'm glad you quit drinking 22 days ago! You have made real progress and been a source of encouragement to others.

Pot? Not for me anymore. I tried switching from vodka to pot (was only a recreational user previously). I couldn't cope with feeling like I was trying to find a substitute for alcohol. So no more pot for me. It took longer to give up the others, cigarettes, wine, beer, etc....

For me, I realized that I was looking for "something" to help me escape from some very real issues. I feel better about myself and my future without stimulates (except caffeine) to get me through my day. That way I know my decisions were made without influence. No regrets.
Pot doesn't feel like a substitute for booze to me. It's something that's been in my life for a while. For sure, I don't see myself smoking it forever but when I compare it to booze, I don't feel the need to force myself to stop now and forever. It just doesn't pack the negative punch of alcohol. But can I really consider myself "sober" and take pride in that "sobriety" if I continue to remain addicted to nicotine, and smoke a doobie every now and again?