View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cagefree
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Awesome Thread!

I am trying to maintain and stay on the path I've been enjoying since I started recovering from my codie-ness.

It's tough and requires constant monitoring at times.

One particular trait I keep an eye out for is when I become too engrossed in work and start neglecting my life outside of it, my friends and my own me-time. I need those things like I need food and water. I've had to curb my time at work lately as it was beginning to take a toll on my extra-curricular activities.

Another is allowing others to do for me - it's gotten easier, but I still feel a small twinge of guilt at times - then reinforce my daily affirmations liek crazy. Before, I would have put up a hand and rejected any help anyone wanted to offer because I felt it meant I was weak and immediately assumed it came with conditions - I assumed no one would give to me freely without conditions - I used to think I didn't deserve it.

I've also been making a BIG effort to look into my soul and really find what makes my heart sing - find out what truly fascinates me and gives me a sense of awe. I've discovered a few things about myself over the past few months and I'm taking steps to incorporating these things into my life - permanently.

Who would think that things like this take effort?