View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Birdie3

I don't want this to become an argument, but seriously when did it become good parenting to just make sure your kids take baths on a daily basis?? Is that all it takes?? I hear him yell at his kids 100's of times a day & punish them for trivial s***. The kids aren't going to get much for their birthday or Christmas this year because their parents are out drinking & drugging & always claim to be broke. Yes, I know this for a fact. If someone is going to make their life an open book to me, then yes I feel a responsibility to do something. I didn't ask her to tell me about her personal finances & drug habits, but she did anyway. I am actually shocked at how much people are defending parents who are treating their kids like s*** instead of thinking that maybe something should be done about it. So is it ok for their mom to smoke pot a couple times throughout the day & then drive to pick them up from school or to be high as a freaking kite when she's taking pills & still drives with them in the car??? Seriously, is that ok??? Well, it's not ok with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will defend mine. I thought hard about not responding again to this post because it's really wearing on me, but sorry I can't help myself. I feel strongly about it. Why is everyone defending addict parents instead of thinking about the kids??? I'm sorry your grandfather lost a job due to alcoholism. I don't want to ruin anyone's career. That's not the point. I just don't see how it's ok to put helpless children in this situation.