View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

You say the kids arent in danger. They are taken care of. PROBABLY NOT happy. But happier when he is gone. So whats the problem?
Just because people make bad choices doesnt make them bad people.
I grew up in an alcoholic house. I was cared for and loved.
Just because someone isnt living up to someone elses moral standards doesnt mean you go making it the way you see fit.
Am I being critical? You did come to a public forum and to me unless these kids are being abused and neglected or in danger. Then who am I to say they arent happy.
And resentful wife brings up a good point.
Is it him or is it just her?
Its not her career your going to be possibly affecting.
Alot have said they have seen so many times where people do nothing.
I have seen alot of times where people who think they are helping but really have no idea end up making the situation way worse.
I dont know you..or them. Only what you have told us here.
And in my opinion. I see nothing that calls for you to go dragging them into a system that will not care about anything other than what they see on the surface.
I guess I may be a little bias as I went through something a little similar to this.
My grandfather lost his longtime job with the federal government because he was an alcoholic.
But he did his job well and we always had everything we needed and wanted and more.
Never were we in danger or neglected.
But because some neighbors didnt like that he drank like he did. Took it upon themselves to turn him in to his job. He eventually lost it.
It broke him in the end. And he died shamed.
But he died in a loving home with people who understood him and accepted him for who he was.
He was an alcoholic and had his moments. But it didnt make him a bad person.
So maybe it best I myself stay out of this thread. Because yes...Until someone walks a mile in our shoes. Or until I think someone is leaving kids hungry ..dirty and neglected or in danger. I am going to be critical.
Thats just how I feel.