View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
resentful wife

Think carefully before you act. Are the kids dirty? unfed? locked out? locked in ? bruised? Is the husband smoking pot with her? taking pills? Not to down play drinking but it is really common in the military, and they do have random drug testing for the enlisted and the officers both.
Have you talked to her about your concerns? Offered to help her with a budget? If "She" is the one drinking and doing drugs, then of course they are happier with him deployed, because they can do and behave any way they want.
I've been on food stamps both as a military wife and a cilivan and had a job at the same time, and while food stamps don't cover beer and cig's niether does it cover toilet paper. I'm still addicted to smoking so morals aside If I was on food stamps now, I would still be buying smokes.
I agree that talking to tyhe base Chaplin is a good start and maybe he can point you to some places or organizations that can help. The Military does like to look after thier own, and if "She's" the one with the problem don't throw him under the bus because of it. .
JMHO>
Linda