View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
runnin1234

well it has been about four weeks since I joined here. I have gone out and had drinks three times all within the first two weeks. Each time I had between 2 and 5 beers. So I think I am making good progress at least in my eyes.

Some thoughts. Work still sucks, ha! I am not tired all the time like I was before. I go to bed about two hours earlier a night than I was before. I am waking up way before I have too. Way before for me is like 30 mins earlier than I have to, to get out the door in time for work.

Things are good, I seemed to have avoided withdrawal symtoms, thankfully. I was really worried about that.

Oddly enough when I would drink at home, before, I would clean and clean my apartment, do laundry all the time, everything was spotless. I am still clean but I'm certainly not as anal about it as before. Too bad about that, lol.

I enjoy hanging out with friends more that I am not drinking or drinking nearly as much, the small things in life are more enjoyable, though the CTA - the trains and busses, still **** me off . I haven't owned a car for years and years. I sold it not because of alcohol or related alcohol related incidences, I sold it because I didn't need it, it was a hassle to have one here. Too bad I ruined a summer drinking. I stopped just in time to enjoy winter, sarcasm.

I used to buy cheap beer so I haven't noticed a big savings in money.

So I hope I keep up this no drinking or I guess not drinking much. I certainly will try to. Tnaks for listening.