View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chino

Says she's ready for detox

My daughter went to see her therapist today. She told me she's ready for detox when the wires come off her jaw Tuesday. "Wow" is about all I can say right now. She said she's at that point between using the opiates as prescribed and abusing them, so she doesn't want a refill. She thinks she can handle the pain and stretch out the rest of her meds until Tuesday.

If she bites off more than she can chew (bad pun given the wired jaw), she knows she can go back to the ER and get a refill, head to the methadone clinic, or get back on subs.

I had a feeling she was fighting with the beast the last two days and knew it was only a matter of time. She's been working through the physical and emotional pain, had some mood swings, but has been reaching out and asking for help. Still, I did not expect that kind of honesty from her.

All I said was OK, I'll make calls tomorrow and see if the detox facility will be able to handle her physical issues. I also thanked her for her honesty, to which she replied "I'm just screwing myself over if I'm not."

Out of all her injuries, it's her face that has made the greatest impression. She knows the scars will fade and we'll send her to a plastic surgeon if need be. But it's seeing herself altered right now that has made the difference. She misses the person she used to be, before she took a detour in life. Every time she looks in the mirror she sees a reminder.

Though I've been praying and asking that God helps her do the next right thing, and me too, this one kind of blindsided me. I hope and pray for more