Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy8Canuck

I hope I can help shed some light on opiate addiction, because I was on different kinds for 8 yrs up to last week. I had an undetected bacterial infection that was in my stomach and brain. I had wicked migraines that were so bad I was in the hospital and had demoral (50mgs/3hrs). I felt pain free and after I had pain like crazy I liked being pain free. Each migraine would last several hours and even full 24 hrs.

Slowly the infection was getting worse....the headaches were getting worse and I was taking huge amounts of pain killers percocet mainly, but oxycontin and demoral (150mgsIM....injections) were common forms of pain relief as well. I was becoming addicted and didn't even know it. I was addicted to feeling normal and pain free and didn't get the high part.

Since I stopped taking the pills last week I have finally seen the face of my addiction in the form of a nasty detox and withdrawals....thank God my doc gave me some meds to make the withdrawals easier....as easy as constant shaking, cold sweats, throwing up and praying for pills can be.

For many of us we don't choose addiction and it just happens...I never chose it and as bad as it sounds if I was in the same pain filled life again I would take the pills in a second, becasue I took enough to feel normal.

Thanks for listening and thanks for asking,

Chuck