Thread: step 6
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
freya

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Step 6 and Step 7 require an active and good working relationship with an HP. I am not surprised many persons find those two Steps difficult to undertake, and inturn to give of their voices to the choir. Their difficulty speaks volumes concerning the struggles of suffering from alcoholism / drug addiction, and moving forward to the freedom and health of sobriety. A spiritual life is lived differently then a physical life.
:ghug2

RR
Amen to that!!!!!!.......and doesn't it just make it all the more vital that those who have some/any experience working these steps try as best they can to share that?????? Not that it's at all likely that any one of us has THE TRUTH that works for everyone in every situation, but enough of us together have enough little pieces of the truth -- or even just ways to approach the question -- to begin to help those who might be intimidated or unsure or hesitating for whatever reason....right? At least, that's my experience with / understanding of how the whole sharing-of-ES&H-thing is supposed to work...

...and I'm just always hopeful -- for myself as well as for others -- that more people will step forward to share -- especially on thse 2 Steps.....so, I'll "bump" it again!

freya