View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
timzup

Originally Posted by bodychek View Post
Being the alcoholic engineer that I am I find myuself laughing my arse off remembering sitting in college with a bunch of other geeks having these same discussions over 6 or 10 or 20 "pints" and well into a "fifth" of Jameson...

Thank you for the light topic, sobriety for me is a lot of laughs.

College, huh? That give me an idea, just to make sure everybody is clear about the subject. How's about an SR end of semester math test? Here goes...

Bobby books a flight from New York to London. At the airport he buys a fifth of vodka and a six pack of 275ml beers. Before the flight he drinks half the vodka and two of the beers.

Arriving in London he buys four pints of beer and drinks them with 6 oz's of whiskey. Upon leaving the bar he pukes up 2 oz's of whiskey and a litre of beer.

Feeling better for this, he polishes off 8 UNITS of alcohol before returning for his flight home.

The plane is diverted to Toronto and he buys 5 more 300ml bottles of beer which, apparently, is stronger and therefore contains more UNITS per measurement.

On the final stage home he sneaks in 3 oz's of vodka and a bottle of canadian beer.

On arrival at New York how much liquid is left?
Show all your workings, time limit 15 mins.