View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cathy31
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Oh my gosh wonderful posts!

I have also had a series of miracles...and each day is still for me a miracle to wake UP sober, to go to bed sober and to not have the desire to drink. It has been removed.

I don't know which of the miracles was 'thee' one - possibly the one when I woke up at 4am on the couch as my ex h was putting a blanket on me - I had passed out and had a HUGE day at work consulting that day which I had to cancel...the lsat thing I remembered was rushing past him at the door and jumping in the car to get more alcohol, driving drunk as a skunk! Again not anything unusual but that same morning I sent a text to a lecturer and said I think I need to stop drinking, but how do you face life without alcohol...he called me the next day and soon after I went to my first aa meeting.

That was another miracle - the love and acceptance I got there...SR was a miracle helping me to identify that I was an alcoholic...everyone's stories here were my own!

I carried on in and out of AA for 18 months...possibly the greatest miracle was when I moved back to South Africa from Ireland and something inside me clicked - you gotta get sober...you gotta do what they suggest in AA. So I did that. Soon I don't know when the desire to drink disappeared. I am becoming a better person. I am conscious of how I can be of service to God and others...I really love my life and I like myself - that's the biggest miracle. I am a grateful alcoholic today.

Cathy31
x